We were very excited to find out that our client, Ariat, made it on the Internet Retailer Hot 100 list for 2012. Let’s take a look at a few points we think makes the site successful.
As a leader in the equestrian industry, Ariat represents its top quality footwear and apparel with excellent imagery, sophisticated features, and creative merchandising.
Combination Ecommerce & Editorial
Along with great design and usability for the retail section of the site, Ariat offers its loyal customer base access to the equestrian community through a comprehensive blog that covers industry news, athletes, and Events.
When exploring the different sections, visitors get a sense that Ariat is truly an integral participant in the equestrian community.
One impressive feature is the comparison functionality that allows users to view up to three products simultaneously. While navigating through the category pages, you simply click the “Compare” checkbox below product images and then select the Compare link when you are ready to view the chosen products.
The category page also allows users to view alternative colors offered for each product without having to navigate away from the page.
Product Detail Page
As a key gateway to driving conversions, it is crucial for product detail pages to incorporate good design, usable functionality, and adequate product information. Ariat’s product detail page includes the following impressive set of features:
- Multiple views with zoom and quality images
- Helpful user reviews & ratings. Users can give a written review as well as describe fit and how they would recommend the product socially (for riding, going out, casual, work, etc).
- Social media integration with the Facebook Like button
- Details with specifications and technology information
- Option to Find A Retailer, or email if size/color is out of stock
- Ability to add to Wishlist and ‘Share With a Friend’
- ‘You May Also Like’ suggestions that allow users to preview while staying on the same page via Quick View
Highlighting Brand Features
Much of what makes the Ariat brand stand apart from its competitors is the technology incorporated into the products. The site features a full page of 49 different “performace innovations” used and the associated benefits to the Ariat product lines.
Success in Numbers
Ariat has accomplished much since it launched October of 2010, and their efforts show in online revenue. Over the 2011 holiday season, Ariat saw impressive sales results. Additionally, sales remained strong through the month of December.